Tulloch Engineering is responsible for the issuance of all permits and any related enforcement requirements. Building Permit applications must be completed and returned to the Municipal Office.
Building Permits are necessary to ensure that zoning requirements, fire and structural safety standards are met. Responsibilities in the area of building include the following:
- Enforcement of the Ontario Building Code;
- Issuance of permits for all proposed development and construction;
- By-law interpretation and enforcement.
Building Permits are necessary for any changes or additions that you make to your property, including but not limited to:
- New house or structure;
- Demolition of an existing structure;
- Additions or alterations to house or accessory buildings;
- Electrical, mechanical or plumbing change
It is the home owner’s responsibility to ensure that a building permit is obtained.